Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Pinterest Post

Disclaimer: This is not a photography blog and almost all of my pictures on here are taken with my outdated, but still loved, Blackberry.  Okay, now that is out of the way...

There are a few things you should know about me before reading the rest of this post.  First of all, I love all things vintage.  I dream of Ikea opening a store that is completely vintage.  Secondly, I could marry whoever invented spray paint.  DIY'ers everywhere salute you, Mr./Ms. Spray Paint Inventor.  Lastly, I love this project because it makes me feel very Draperish and I love Mad Men enough to complete a project just for that reason.

So, while I was pinning away on Pinterest one day I came across a pin for a coffee bar for your house.  Really it was just a cute table with a shelf over it.  I thought this would be a brilliant addition to our dining room.  David and I love and I mean LOVE coffee, so he jumped on board with this project (trust me, this is a rare gift).  He always helps me do our projects (and by help, I mean I envision it and he does it, thanks dear!), but he does not always think it is a must for the house.  Well, we have a very tiny kitchen with super limited counter space, so we both loved the idea of moving our Keurig out of there to free up space and to have a space devoted to our current means of survival with three kids 4 and under.

When we were downstairs cleaning up the basement for the road we made the kids, we stumbled upon an old cart that the previous owner had left behind.  The previous owner lived here 55 years, so who knows how old this cart could be!  It was a pale yellow and in rough shape, but I saw some potential in that little cart.  So...I went to my trusty Pinterest and looked up drink carts and fell in love with a bright red cart.  I picked up some spray paint (Krylon's Banner Red in gloss), David painted away, and voila:


I love the pop of color it adds to the room. The top shelf is our Keurig and Espresso machine, the second shelf is a basket full of coffees and teas, and the bottom shelf is still practical and holds bibs and burp clothes for the kids.  Next up, we are refinishing a shelf to go over it and looking for coffee mugs with personality to display and use.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see this cart in person, it's so awesome you found it in your basement!

    ReplyDelete