Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm 30

It happened.  Yesterday was the big day.  I am officially 30, married, and have 3 kids.  I remember when I was little thinking how 30-somethings were so old and grown up.  They had real grown up jobs and had reached official adulthood.  I still feel like I am working on being a grown up though.  Even with a house, job, husband, and kids, I sometimes feel like I am playing "make believe".  I wonder if that ever changes??

My birthday was pretty amazing.  On Tuesday night, I went to Bible study and I was surprised with balloons, a cake, cards, and presents.  I was so surprised!  There was a princess theme and I loved every bit of it.  I could not believe that all of these ladies, some of whom I have only been in group with for four weeks, took the time to make my day special.  Right after midnight, David surprised me with a card letting me know that a  Kindle Fire was on the way. We do not buy presents for each other most of the time, so I had not expected a single thing.  I have been debating for years (seriously) about buying an e-reader because I love love love to read, but I am not too great on gadgets.  I am really excited to put this bad boy to use. The kids had made me cards I was so proud of Brady and Ella for working hard to make the letters for "mommy".  My birthday request for the day was to have no TV on all day and that happened.  Since we have been stuck in the house for over 6 weeks, I have had enough TV to last a long time (specifically kid shows...wow, they can take you to a whole new level of insanity!).  We went to lunch at Dewey's, my favorite, and Brady was so excited because we ordered the Green Lantern pizza.  He could not believe we ordered the super hero pizza.  Love that kid.  We then went to the Blue Manatee bookstore, which is a super cute kid's bookstore in Oakley.  The kids played there forever and we bought drinks at their cafe.  I have always dreamed of opening a little bookstore with a cafe when David and I retire, but I don't think bookstores will even be around still then.  That makes me sad.

I thought we were going to dinner at my parents' that evening, but my Mom and sister came and kidnapped me right before we should have left.  We went to Buca di Beppo and I was absolutely beyond surprised when there was a group of some of my most favorite ladies there.  I was spoiled with another princess themed party, wonderful presents, and a delicious cake.

I had so many sweet Facebook messages, text messages, and phone calls....it was such a perfect day.  During this season of my life, where we do not have the time to socialize as much as we would like to and especially recently where I have been home so much, it felt so incredible to celebrate with so many people that I adore.

I am so, so, so blessed and do not take that for granted.  Thank you for everyone who wished me a happy birthday, picked up a card, celebrated with me, and have made the first 30 years of my life more than I could have ever dreamed of.  I have been surrounded by some of the most amazing people and I love that you allow me to be a part of your lives.  Here's to my thirties!

No comments:

Post a Comment